Five Island is a level for a canceled DLC-pack for the game Skylar and Plux: Adventure on Clover Island, a 3D platformer in the same vein as Jak and Daxter and
The player should discover new routes when playing through the level and should want retry and once more to try another route. The player should feel clever for finding new paths. The level is set in the tropical theme to create a cozy and inviting feeling so that the player feels welcomed and want to replay the level.
To avoid confusion and the player
Walkthrough by bullet points
1. Players start with a vista over the level. All islands, including the end with the door, is clearly visible.
2. Simple platforming with a jump and a swing node to the first button. The player is shown the button and door at the same time to establish relationship between buttons and doors
3. Simple platforming to the second island
4. Upon pressing the second button the player sees the third island
5. A swing node and some mushrooms jumps around the third island takes the player to the last button
6. The player presses the button and sees a short cut-scene where the doors open
7. The player needs to decide to go to the door back over either the first island or the second.
8. The player goes over wither of the island with either a mushroom or a floating platform
9. The player goes to the door from the first island with a jump or from the third island with a swing-node
10. The player finishes the level with celebratory confetti and a fanfare!
Although the level there are hidden paths that the player can take. For example, the player can go from the first island to the third with the help of a floating platform that goes under a waterfall. All these paths are to encourage and reward exploration and discovery.
The pacing of this level heavily depends on which route the player takes. The main paths begin slows and
The main path is over all easy and an average player should be able to finish the level in the first try. The hidden paths vary in difficulty between moderately difficult to very hard.
The Windmill Island is the first Island the player encounter after the start island. The Island contains a windmill with rotating wings. On the middle of the Island is the first button. When the player presses it they also clearly see a lamp on the metal port on the Village island turn green.
The Clocktower island is the second island the player encounters on the main path. It has a bunch of houses that cling to the sides of the rocks over the water and on top of cliffs. A
The overgrown Island have once been populated but is now abandoned. The old houses and the island